The Clean Up tool, which deletes redundant email messages from folders and conversations, is a great way to declutter your Outlook inbox.
When you see messages that have a lot of quoted content in them, this is where the Clean Up tool can come in handy.
- In Outlook, make sure that you’re on the Home tab, and then click on the dropdown arrow next to Clean Up.
- You have three options. You can either clean up the conversation, the folder, or folder and subfolders.
- Clean Up Conversation – deletes redundant messages from a selected conversation
- Clean Up Folder – deletes redundant messages from a selected folder
- Clean Up Folder & Subfolders – deletes redundant messages and conversations from Inbox and any other folders
- All redundant messages will then be moved to the “Deleted Items” folder.