Technology offers a lot of tools to help you design and present visually attractive work. But you don’t need to be a professional designer or have pricey, complicated software to give your work the style it deserves. PowerPoint has many built-in tools that make editing photos and images a breeze.
The Remove Background feature in PowerPoint 2016 helps you eliminate distracting backgrounds so the important parts of your image are front-and-center. In a few simple steps, you can create praiseworthy presentations and nobody will ever know you did all that fancy image-editing right within PowerPoint.
To remove the background from a picture in PowerPoint:
- Click on the image that has background you want to remove.
- On the Format tab, click Remove Background.
- PowerPoint will automatically select the part of the image to be kept.
- Adjust the selection to cover the area of the image that you want to keep.
- On the Background Removal Tool tab, click Mark Areas to Remove and select any other area that you want to remove.
- When you’re finished, click Keep Changes.
Watch the demonstration above to see these steps in action.