The Quick Links Lab for Gmail has been around for a few years, but it’s still an underused feature. If you frequently find yourself searching for the same email, then Quick Links might be the perfect Lab for you.
Quick Links lives inside your Gmail inbox, and can be found in the same place as Chat, directly below the label list. It’s a great place to store all of the emails, searches and settings links that you visit on a daily basis.
For example, say you use filters often and need to adjust them on daily basis. Getting to filters requires a few clicks, but if you make a Quick Link, you can instantly access your filters right from your Gmail inbox.
To enable the Quick Links lab:
- Click the gear icon in the right hand corner of your Gmail inbox.
- Select Settings.
- Click Labs.
- Scroll and find the Quick Links Lab. Select Enable.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of page.
Go back to your inbox and you can begin making your Quick Links.
- Select the ellipses in the bottom left hand corner near your chat.
- This will make the Quick Links Lab visible in your left hand panel.
- Navigate to the page you want to create a Quick Link for.
- In the Quick Link area in your left hand panel, select Add Quick Link.
- You will then be prompted to create a label for that Quick Link.
- Save the name and your Quick Link is ready to go!