You know that alert you get every time you send a Google Calendar invite out to an invitee outside of your organization? Earlier this week, Google announced the ability for Admins to control this alert.
Enabling this alert is good practice for users in your organization, but perhaps not for all users. Because sales representatives often interact with people outside of the organization, they may not need this alert each time they are scheduling a meeting with a client. Now, you can control which departmental members should or should not receive this alert. Watch the above video and read the steps below to learn how to access this feature.
To access this new setting, follow these steps from the Admin console:
- From the Admin Console, select Apps.
- Then click Google Apps.
- From this list, Select Calendar.
- Select Sharing Settings at the top of the list.
- Scroll to External invitations toward the end of the list.
- Adjust settings as necessary.
For more information on this new feature, click here.