Pivot tables help you summarize and analyze large data sets by displaying the information in more digestible formats. They make it much easier to take out small pieces of information and conclusions from a large set of information.
- To create a pivot table in a Google Sheet, first select all of your data.
- Then go to Data on the top menu.
- Select Pivot Table.
- Once you click on Pivot Table, you will be led to a new page on your Google Sheet with your pivot table.
- On the right side of your screen, you can determine the rows, columns, values, and filters for your pivot table.
- Once you set your values, you can also create a chart out of your data.
- To create a chart, click on Insert Chart on the top navigation menu.