Word clouds are great visual tools because they help communicate ideas in a very direct way, putting the focus on the most important words. Here’s how to add one to your PowerPoint presentation using the Pro Word Cloud add-in.
Installing the add-in
- In the Office Store, search for Pro Word Cloud. Once you find it, click it. Then click Add > Open in PowerPoint.
- You’ll see an alert about a new Office add-in. Click Trust this add-in.
Generating your word cloud
- To access the add-in in PowerPoint, head to Insert > My Add-ins > See All. From this menu, select Pro Word Cloud.
- Once you open it, you’re going to get a sidebar on the right-hand side of the page where you can control a few options about how your word cloud is going to look. You can select a font, color scheme, layout, case, and importantly, the size of the world cloud that you want to generate.
- Select some text on your slide, and click on Create Word Cloud – and just like that, you’ll get your word cloud.
Saving & using your word cloud
- You have a few options. You can save it to an online gallery, or if you’d rather work with it locally, right-click on the image. If you choose Save picture as, you can save the image of this word cloud locally to your system.
- On the other hand, if you want to just use the word cloud in your current presentation, that’s easy to do. Just right-click again, and this time choose Copy. Then just paste the image into your presentation, and you’ve got a word cloud! It’s that simple.
Click here to watch this video on YouTube.