Adding text to images can be cumbersome: You have to find photo editing software, open up a separate program, import your photos…you get the idea. Luckily, there’s an easy solution that lets you add text to any image on the web just by right-clicking, making the process seamless and quick.
- Head to the Chrome Web Store and search for the Stencil extension. Click “Add to Chrome” to install it. Once installation is complete, you’ll see the Stencil icon in the upper right-hand corner of your browser.
- Navigate to the photo you’d like to add text to, and right-click on the image. When you do, you will see that the “Stencil” option has been added to your right-click menu.
- Click on that, and the extension will start to load the image. This is where is where you can add text to your image. Click on this plus icon to create a new text box and then type directly on to the image.
- You can adjust the text size, line height, add italics or underlining, adjust the color, or change the font using the dropdown menu at the top. (If you want to upgrade to the paid version of Stencil, you’ll also gain access to a large library of photos and icons that you can use to further customize your images.)
- If you want to add a filter to your image, you can select Filters and add some basic filters. Finally, when you’re happy with your image, click Save.
- If you haven’t yet signed up for an account you will be prompted to do so now – you can save up to 10 images for free very month with the basic account, or if you wish, you can upgrade to unlock unlimited images in addition to the other features discussed earlier.
Click here to watch this video on YouTube.