And just like that, it’s the end of another year.
2018 was momentous for us. We released exciting new features that bolster security across your SaaS apps, raised a $60M funding round, and even ranked #11 on Crain’s Best Places to Work in NYC 2018.
Here’s a look back at our 2018 highlights.
Gartner and 451 Research recognized a brand new market category that BetterCloud is pioneering
We’ve spent the last seven years building a one-of-a-kind platform to manage and secure your SaaS apps. This year, two major industry analyst firms (Gartner and 451 Research) announced a new market category to address the growing challenges faced by IT teams when managing SaaS apps.
- Gartner’s New Market Category: SaaS Management Platforms (SMPs) – BetterCloud is the only platform that offers both the breadth (G Suite, Office 365, Salesforce, Slack, Box, Dropbox, Okta, and other SaaS apps) and depth (all six SMP functional categories) amongst the set of SMP vendors listed in the report.
- SaaS Operations Management: BetterCloud Pioneers a New Market (451 Research Report)
BetterCloud and its community of 2,500+ customers, 100,000 IT professionals, and 50+ partners couldn’t be more thrilled about this milestone and validation.
We had 18 major product releases
We had 18 major product releases this year and built some pretty incredible features, including:
- On-Demand Workflows (think of them like macros for IT where you can just hit “Play” and kick off an automated workflow). This was one of the most requested features by customers. One customer told us, “Not sure y’all are fully appreciating the value of what you’re creating.”
- Activity-Based Alerts. The number one requested feature at Altitude 2017, this helps IT detect and respond to suspicious user activity in SaaS apps.
- Time-Based Roles, MFA policies, last login reporting, windowing, and more.
We raised a $60M funding round
This year we raised a $60M Series E funding round, led by Bain Capital Ventures. Our CEO, David Politis, published a candid open letter to customers explaining how we got here and what our vision for the future is. We’re very excited about this next chapter, and you should know that we are #justgettingstarted!
BetterCloud + Okta: a new partnership
After nine months of hard work, we announced an exciting new technology integration and partnership with Okta. Together, Okta and BetterCloud provide unique and complementary “systems of controls” around managing identity and security operations for SaaS applications.
Altitude 2018 was our best customer summit yet
Altitude, our annual customer summit, took place in Denver this year. It was our best one yet, with over 140 IT and security professionals attending. Over the course of two days, 30 speakers from all over the country gave insights and tips on security automation, SaaS management efficiency, and the future of IT and technology.
Here are six takeaways from Altitude 2018 in case you missed it.
Bonus: Why Altitude is unlike other IT conferences, according to one IT director.
Four BetterCloud customers shared their best security tips on a Google Cloud Next ‘18 panel
At Google Cloud Next ‘18, four BetterCloud customers were on a panel called “Securing G Suite and Beyond: Tales from the Trenches.” The panel explored security topics that are top of mind right now for many modern IT professionals: How have security needs evolved, and what are the biggest concerns moving forward? What important lessons have people learned?
Here are five key takeaways, along with some tips and best practices the panelists shared.
You voted for awesome IT T-shirts (and then we created and sent them to you)
In the quest to make our first ever Monitor T-shirts, we designed four tongue-in-cheek tees (all IT-themed). We let readers vote for their favorite one, and we said the winning design would be our official Monitor swag T-shirt. Then we printed them up and sent a shirt to everyone who voted.
And some awesome readers sent in photos of themselves wearing it:
Thank you so much for being a Monitor reader. Have a great holiday season, and here’s to a great 2019!