Sometimes, that Chrome app or extension you installed just isn’t doing it for you. Things don’t work out. Here’s how to remove it in a few easy steps.
Removing a Chrome app
- In Chrome, open a new tab. In the address bar, type in chrome://apps. (Note: If you are on a Chromebook, this will not work. Click here for Chromebook directions.)
- Right-click on the app you’d like to remove, and select Remove from Chrome.
Removing a Chrome extension
- In Chrome, click on the three dots in the upper-right hand corner to open the Chrome menu.
- Click on Settings > Extensions.
- If you’d like to disable an extension but leave it installed, uncheck the Enabled box.
- If you’d like to completely uninstall the extension, click on the trash icon.
Click here to watch this video on YouTube.