Creating a custom template in OneNote is an excellent way to speed up your workflow. You can just create a new page using your pre-set templates, so you can start working right away without having to adjust any of your page settings beforehand.
How to create your own OneNote template:
- Add a new page from the +Add Page button on the right hand side of your screen.
- To adjust the size of your page, click on Paper Size and set the desired paper size and print margins.
- Add any headings you’d like. When you save these into a template, they will appear whenever you create a new page from that template.
- Once you’ve added all your content, head back to the paper size pane and click on “Save current page as a template.” Give the template a name that will make it easy to find later, and then save it.
How to use your OneNote template:
- From a new blank page, select the Insert tab > Page Templates.
- If you want to use the one you just created, click on My Templates and find yours.
How to modify a pre-made OneNote template:
If you’re looking for something that’s similar to one of the templates already available within OneNote but don’t want to create one from scratch, you can just modify a pre-made template.
- Open a new page, and open a pre-made template by selecting Insert tab > Page Templates.
- Make your changes (e.g., change the paper size, add content to the template, etc).
- Click “Save current page as a template.” You’ll be able to save a version of your edits to the existing templates.