Connecting your Google Calendar to Slack is a fantastic way to save time and stay organized. You can get Calendar reminders and updates right inside Slack, eliminating the need to use multiple apps and constantly switch between windows and tabs.
- First, head to the Slack App Directory and search for Google Calendar.
- Once you’ve selected that, click Connect a Calendar to Slack, and then grant the permissions it asks for.
- Next, pick which calendar you want to connect to Slack.
- You can also choose the channel you want to post it to. Posting to public channels is great if you want everyone to see what’s coming up. But if you just want to see your own upcoming calendar events, choose “Privately to @yourname (you)” and then only you will see the calendar updates.
- Now you have some customization options, like what kind of notifications you want. You can get reminded when an event is about to start, but you can also get summaries of upcoming calendar items or get notified when changes are made to your calendar.
- Just hit Save Integration to get started.
Here’s an example of how a notification will look in Slack: