Creating a word cloud in Google Docs is a creative way to visualize the text you’re working on. It allows you to see what words are being used the most, so you can get a quick sense of your themes emerging in your writing.
- In a Google Doc, navigate to the top your screen. Click Add-ons > Get add-ons.
- Search for Word Cloud Generator.
- Once you find it, click on the “+ Free” button to install the add-on. You’ll get a notification in Google Docs that Word Cloud Generator has been added to your add-ons menu.
- To create your word cloud, click on Add-ons > Word Cloud Generator > Create Word Cloud.
- The word cloud will form on the right side of your page, and it’ll be based on the words that are most commonly used in your document. The larger words indicate that they’re used more frequently. If you click on Append top word counts, it’ll create a table in your document that lists how many times each of your top words appears in your document.
Click here to watch this video on YouTube.