BetterCloud Product Privacy Statement
Effective Date: June 19, 2019
BetterCloud, Inc. (“BetterCloud”) provides a SaaS Operations Management & Security platform that empowers IT to define, remediate, and enforce management and security policies for SaaS applications. This Product Privacy Statement explains how BetterCloud collects, uses, discloses, and otherwise processes end user personal information on behalf of business customers in connection with our products and services (collectively, the “Services”). BetterCloud is the data processor and BetterCloud customers are the data controllers with respect to such personal information.
BetterCloud’s processing of personal information in connection with the Services is governed by this Product Privacy Statement and our customer agreements. In the event of any conflict between this Product Privacy Statement and a customer agreement, the customer agreement will control to the extent permitted by applicable law.
This Product Privacy Statement is not a substitute for any privacy notice that BetterCloud customers are required to provide to their employees or other end users.
Information We Collect
Information provided to us by end users in connection with their use of the Services. This may include personal information that end users provide when they:
- Set up an account or create a user profile (such as first and last name, address, email address, telephone number, department and job title, profile picture, and IP address);
- Contact customer support or otherwise correspond with us by phone, email, or other means.
Information about end users’ use of the Services. We collect information about end users’ use of the Services as necessary to implement customer-created policies, including:
- Information provided through customer applications connected to the Services, such as first and last name, gender, date of birth, address, email address, telephone number, department and job title, company role, photograph, IP address, and operating system and domain information;
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect at the instruction of our customers and in accordance with our customer agreements, to provide the Services and for related internal purposes, including:
- Enable end users to access and use the Services;
- Provide the Services, including investigating customer-designated triggered events, remediating customer-designated policy violations, and enforcing customer-created policies;
- Provide information about the Services, such as important updates or changes to the Services and security alerts;
- Improve the Services and develop new products and services;
- Respond to inquiries, complaints, and requests for customer support.
We may also use personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable law; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Information
We share the information we collect:
- With BetterCloud customers, to the extent the information pertains to the customer’s end users;
- With third party service providers that help us provide, manage and improve the Services (you can see our list of third party Sub-Processors here);
- With BetterCloud subsidiaries and corporate affiliates.
We may also share personal information with government, law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, when we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable law; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
We may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of BetterCloud’s business or assets, including personal information, in connection with a business deal (or potential business deal) such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
BetterCloud uses appropriate, commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal data from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction in accordance with applicable law. We cannot, however, guarantee that any safeguards or security measures will be sufficient to prevent a security problem. We recommend that our customers take steps to protect against unauthorized access to any devices, networks and applications connected to the Services. See the Security & Compliance section of the website and customer contract for additional information regarding BetterCloud’s information security practices.
Data Subject Rights
BetterCloud customers are the data controllers of end users’ personal information. As the data controllers, BetterCloud customers are responsible for receiving and responding to end users’ requests to exercise any rights afforded to them under applicable data protection law. BetterCloud will assist customers in responding to such requests as set forth in the customer contract.
Cross Border Data Transfer
BetterCloud may transfer personal information about its end users outside of the country in which end users are located, including to the United States. See the customer contract for additional information regarding how BetterCloud’ safeguards the personal information it transfers across borders.
BetterCloud retains personal information for as long as necessary to (a) provide the Services; (b) comply with legal obligations; (c) resolve disputes; and (d) enforce the terms of customer agreements. See the customer contract for additional information regarding BetterCloud’s data retention practices.
Third Party Products and Services
The Services may integrate with or enable access to third party tools. End users that register, install or access any third party tools may be required to accept privacy notices provided by those third parties. Please review those notices carefully, as BetterCloud does not control and cannot be responsible for these providers’ privacy or information security practices.
If you have any question about this Product Privacy Statement, you can contact our privacy team at privacy@BetterCloud.com or write to us at:
330 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10001