I recently had the pleasure of sitting down with Harry Stebbings for an episode of The Twenty Minute VC podcast.
In his popular podcast series, Harry interviews different startup investors and takes you inside the world of venture capital. Each episode is quick–you guessed it, twenty minutes–so they’re digestible yet filled with fascinating takeaways.
We chatted about topics like:
- The critical lessons I learned in my first CEO role (what to do and what not to do)
- How I founded BetterCloud
- Why I think perks are an ineffective, lazy way to incentivize employees (and what works really well instead)
- How being deliberate about culture drives your company forward
- Which fundraising stages were the most challenging, and why
- What VCs really mean when they say, “This is interesting–stay in touch”
- Why founders should always under-promise and over-deliver
I hope you enjoy it.