The outline feature in Google Docs is a great time-saving tool for navigating through long documents, and this feature was recently released for iOS devices. If you do a lot of work on your phone, then this can make working on-the-go even easier. Here’s how to use it on your iOS device.
- In the Google Docs app, click on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of your screen > Document outline.
- When you do this, the outline is going to appear in a window under your main Doc viewing window.
- From here, you can click on any of the headings in the outline in order to be instantly transported to that section of the document. This can make navigating through a very long Doc on iOS much faster than scrolling manually to the bottom of the screen.
- If you want to add heading styles from within your iOS Docs app, highlight the section of text that you want to change, and come and click on the text formatting icon at the top of the screen (the A button).
- Tap the “Style” menu, and choose the heading level that you feel is needed.
- If you choose to open the document outline tool again, you will get an updated version of your outline that reflects the heading changes that you just made.
Click here to watch this video on YouTube.