Bye bye, email tag.
Calendly is a tool that syncs with Google Calendar and makes scheduling meetings super simple. No more prolonged back-and-forth email chains.
This is a great tool if you often schedule meetings with people outside your organization. All you have to do is set your availability preferences and share your personalized Calendly link with them. Because Calendly syncs with Google Calendar, it’ll check your availability and your invitees will only see the times you’re free. They can pick a time slot, and the event will automatically be added to your calendar. The interface is clean, simple, and a cinch to use.
- Head to https://calendly.com. Enter your email address in the bar in order to get started with the free version of the software. (The Basic version is free and you can schedule unlimited events with it, but if you want integrations, metrics, and reporting, consider upgrading to Premium or Pro.)
- Sign in with your Google account, and then give the app permission to sync with that account.
- You’ll have the option to set your availability preferences. You can also adjust your time zone and indicate who you typically meet with. Set this up, and then save it to move on.
- You can create event types and share your customized Calendly link with your colleagues. They will use this to schedule a meeting with you. Because Calendly syncs with your Google Calendar, it will only show your available time slots to invitees. For example, they might see something like this:
- When someone picks a time slot, they’ll be prompted to confirm the meeting, and the event will automatically get added to your Calendar. They will receive a confirmation email as well.