Last week, Google announced a new app: Google Spaces. The idea behind Spaces is to create topic-based, shareable spaces that allow you to make a space about anything that interests you and then share it with your friends. Here’s a quick tour of Spaces.
- To create a space, go to Google Spaces and click Create a Space.
- Name it, and then you can send out invitations to the space. You can send out the link by copying it, emailing it directly, or sharing it via Facebook.
Spaces also has a mobile app. The video tutorial demos it on iOS, but it’s also available on Android.
- Mobile has some expanded options for sharing, including sharing via a message (e.g., text or email). This is a convenient way to share mobile content.
- Spaces integrates with Google search and YouTube. So you can search for a video in YouTube, view it, and then share it–all without ever having to leave a single app. This is great for a streamlined content browsing and sharing experience.
- You can have conversations about content within Spaces and stay focused on the topic of a given space.
- If you want to search through your spaces, you can use the search bar at the top of the screen.
Try it out for yourself and see what you think.