Let’s talk Office 365! We are excited to announce that BetterCloud now supports OneDrive and SharePoint Online use cases. This has been an ask from our customers, and we continue to value that feedback and use it to directly shape our product.
Why securing user interactions in Office 365 is challenging
Trying to manage and secure Office 365 can be complex in today’s SaaS environment. Not only do IT admins have to secure their user interactions through the O365 admin console, but they must also go into each Office 365 application that teams use and manage them through those separate admin consoles as well. On top of that, there are the other technologies in the modern tech stack that admins have to manage, such as Okta, Dropbox, and Slack. Thankfully, BetterCloud now solves for Office 365 use cases that include OneDrive and SharePoint. Connecting Office 365 to BetterCloud centralizes all Office 365 users, groups, files, and settings to automate user orchestration and data protection.
How integrating BetterCloud with OneDrive and SharePoint Online can help you
1. Automate onboarding & offboarding across all of your applications, including Office 365
With BetterCloud’s Office 365 integration, IT admins can remove the manual steps in their day-to-day management for tasks like onboarding, offboarding, or any mid-life cycle changes. By integrating OneDrive and SharePoint with BetterCloud, admins can replace unscalable scripts with automated cross-application workflows to remove repetitive tasks, such as sharing files, folders, or sites with users when they join a new team based off of their title or location. With these workflows, admins can remove a user’s access to all files or folders in their offboarding process. They are also able to retain data by copying users’ files into a holding account or to their manager before deleting them.
2. Get centralized visibility into your SaaS environment
Connecting BetterCloud to Office 365 gives admins a centralized view of all of their files across their applications with our Users, Groups, and Files Grid. This includes files and folders in OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Teams. Instead of having to navigate from application to application to understand how users are interacting with data, admins can view it all in BetterCloud from a centralized location. Admins have the ability to take actions right from the Files Grid without having to navigate to a separate admin console.
3. Understand your file exposure in OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Teams
Get a deeper lens into an organization’s usage within OneDrive, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Teams. Admins can get alerted if there are any sensitive data permissions that do not fit their organization’s security posture. If a file or folder is shared publicly or externally, admins can remove all external collaborators from that asset. They can create automated remediation paths or take one-off actions when these security vulnerabilities are exposed.
Excited for more? BetterCloud is continuing to invest in securing your Office 365 environment. Stay tuned for more features and functionality in the coming months—including scanning your OneDrive and SharePoint Online content for sensitive material, as well as automatically configuring your Exchange inboxes based on entitlement.
What you need to know about our Office 365 integration
- Set up a demo to see our Office 365 functionality, which includes support for OneDrive and SharePoint Online
- For more information on your subscription or to schedule a training session on integrating Office 365, please contact your Customer Success Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t forget to join us at our annual conference, Altitude, to hear more from our Product team on this integration and share feedback to shape our future product roadmap. To learn more about Altitude 2019 (Sept. 23–25 in San Francisco, California), click here.