This week the Office 365 team announced some exciting changes to Office Online (or the Office 365 Web Apps) that will make your online collaborative experience even better.
Take a look at the video above or the Office blogs post to see what’s new.
Here’s what we’re looking forward to:
- A new notifications pane that shows “system alerts, personal reminders and communications, including new mails and group likes.”
- An update to the Help feature that enables you to search for help content via a search box or get support contact information for your organization.
- “What’s new” feature introductions that will include links to more information, quick actions, and highlights on the screen itself about the new feature or application being introduced.
- Integration of Skype for Business conversations that will allow for starting an IM conversation or call from your inbox, calendar, or OneDrive for Business.
- An updated Settings pane that provides options specific to the application you’re working in and quick access to the full O365 settings menu.
These updates to Office 365 show that the team isn’t neglecting those users who don’t use Office 2013, due to O365 plan options or personal preference. Office 365 on the web is perfect for collaboration, and of course ideal to be used from anywhere.