All users in Slack get notified whenever their name is mentioned with an @ before it. What should you do if you want to be notified when other things are mentioned?
Maybe you are in charge of security and want to be notified anytime someone uses the word “password” or if you are in HR and want to be notified when certain inappropriate language is used. Rather than spend your day scanning every Slack message to find these mentions, just set up a notifier! Here is how:
1. Click the down arrow next to your Slack team name
2. Select “Preferences” from the drop down menu
3. Click into “Notifications”
4. Enter the words you want to be notified about in the “Highlight Words” section
5. Click “Save Highlight Words”