Even as the IT administrator’s role evolves with organizations’ increasing move to the cloud, there are still some responsibilities that remain inescapable. User account management, and resetting passwords in particular, can be a daily activity for an admin.
There are multiple methods to reset Office 365 users’ passwords, but doing so from the admin center is perhaps the most straightforward.
To reset a user’s password, follow the steps in the video above or the written instructions here:
- From the admin center dashboard, select Users and Active users.
- Select the user or users whose passwords you wish to reset.
- In the right-side pane, click Reset password.
- Leave your admin email address in the field to send the password(s) to yourself, and/or enter additional email addresses (up to 5) separated by semicolons to send the new temporary passwords via email.
- Select Reset.
- On the Results page, the user names and temporary passwords will be displayed. Click Finish.