If you work in IT, learn how BetterCloud’s Unified SaaS Management platform can help you manage Slack, G Suite, and other applications.
You are probably already familiar with the Slackbot. It is the mysterious automated member of your Slack team that will tell you things like when a message is undeliverable or a new member is added to your team. But did you know that you can program the Slackbot to respond to any command you want?
For information that people need to access frequently, you can save people the trouble of looking by designating the Slackbot as the keeper. For example anytime someone messages “Employee Handbook Please” Slackbot will respond with a link to the Employee handbook. Here is how you set it up:
1. Click the down arrow next to your Slack team name
2. Select “Customize Slack” from the drop down menu
3. Navigate to the “Slackbot” tab if it is not already selected
4. Create the prompt on the left side and the Slackbot response on the right side
5. Try out your new Slackbot command in a new message