This video was brought to you by LTech.
As Google Plus grows in popularity, we continue to receive more and more questions about its various features. One thing that continues to stand out is Google Plus Communities. Similar to groups in any other social network, a Google Plus Community is one of the best ways to find people with similar interests.
We’ve found that while some people are familiar with Public Communities in Google Plus, a lot of people are not familiar with the Private Communities.
Private Communities are one of the best ways to gather together your friends, family or colleagues for rich, media filled interactions. One of our favorite features is the ability to collaborate on projects (via Hangouts) in a safe, secure environment.
If you want to learn more about how you can implement Google Plus Private Communities in your work (or personal) life, check out this video from our friends at LTech.
To Create a Private Community:
- Click on the Communities icon in the vertical navigation bar on the left-hand side of your Google+ page
- Click on the Create A Community button at the top of your screen
- Select Private, then name your Community
- You can then choose to hide your community from search, or allow people to find it on their own. If you’re creating a private community for you organization, I suggest hiding it from search.
- Customize your community by photo, tagline, about and various discussion sections.
- You will then be prompted to invite members to join. You can invite people individually or by circles (great for easily inviting your entire organization).